8. Clubs with less than 4 rinks: Singles and Pairs should play first unless all games can be
accommodated at the same time.
9. Dress for all rounds will be whites/registered dress.
10. The Semi-Final and Final will be played on a date and at a venue arranged by the Competitions
UNDER 25 CLUB TWO RINK TRIPLES (OPEN)
1. These Championships are open to all Member Clubs who may have unlimited entries of two
rinks of 3 players in each rink.
2. Games will normally be on a one ‘triple’ home, one ‘triple’ away basis and all players will be
members of the same Club and playing their National Championships from that Club.
3. Games will be played at 10.00am on dates as published on the www.eiba.co.uk website or
earlier by mutual agreement, a later start time is permissible if both clubs agree. Challenger
must confirm arrangements.
4. Games will be 18 ends or maximum 3hr 30 minutes; whichever is the shorter, not including trial
ends or extra ends
5. Sides may consist of any combination of male and/or female competitors.
6. The Semi-Finals and Finals will be played at the National Championship Finals.
NATIONAL INTER COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIPS
ATHERLEY TROPHY & LIBERTY TROPHY
1. Member Counties will be allowed one entry into the above Championships. Players must be
from Member Clubs affiliated to that county and play their National Championships from those
2. Entries will be 6 rinks of four players from each County. All 6 rinks will play at a venue arranged
by the Challenger, in the Challengers’ County however, if the Challenger’s chosen venue to
the Opponents County town is more than 100 miles by road (calculated by the shortest route),
the game should be played on a green as near half way as possible between the counties
determined on a mileage basis and agreeable to both Counties.
3. Games will be 21 ends or maximum 4 hours; whichever is the shorter not including trial ends
or extra ends. An end where the jack has been cast before 4 hours must be played to a finish.
All dead ends will be replayed. The Challenger shall nominate one designated rink number to
play an extra end before the draw is made for rinks. The extra end should be played by the
nominated rink after play has been completed on all rinks.
4. All rounds will be played on dates set by the Competition Sub-Committee. Start time will be
10.00am but can be later by mutual agreement.
5. At the National Finals where the rinks are pre-drawn a draw will be made to select the rink to
play the extra end in the event of a tie. The draw will take place before play commences
between the team managers, Umpire and Competition Official.
6. The failure of a team to field the required number of players 30 minutes after the start time will
abide by the Laws of the Sport of Indoor Bowls.
7. The draw for rinks and the toss will be made by the County Representatives in the presence
of an Umpire
8. Prior to the Final the Challenger will be responsible for providing Umpires. Teams will share
green fees and Umpires expenses.
9. The Captain/ Secretary of the winning team will inform the Association’s HQ within 24 hours
by phone or email of the result of the match followed by the scorecards or email showing team
names and rink scores. The Draw for the next round will be shown on the EIBA Ltd website at
10. The Final will be played at the National Championship Finals.