NATIONAL TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS
LADIES: Yetton Trophy, Yetton Plate, Vivienne Trophy, Mason Trophy
MEN: Denny Cup, Denny Plate, Over 60 Double Rink
MIXED: Egham Trophy, Top Club
OPEN: Under 25 Two Rink Triples
1. These rules apply for the above Club Championships except where there is a specific rule
relating to a particular Championship.
2. Team (Sides) Championships are played on a knockout principle.
3. An Umpire should be used in preference to a Competent Person for all rounds.
4. Clubs may have one entry in all Club Team Championships, except in the Mason Trophy,
Men’s Over 60 Double Rink, Under 25 Two Rink Triples and Top Club when unlimited entries
5. Where a Club with only 1 rink is involved, one of the following options shall apply at the
discretion of the one rink club: -
(i) the ties may be played in consecutive sequence.
(ii) in “two home, two away” events, the second “home” four of the one rink Club may play on
an approved neutral green.
(iii) three “fours” (where applicable) may play on their opponents green if available.
6. In all Championships, Clubs more than 100 miles apart by road will play on a neutral green as
near as possible half way between the two, playing all rinks at the same venue. Clubs to make
their own arrangements and share the costs. Games may also be played home and away by
7. Teams unable to use their home green may either play on another green in the Competition
Area or play away on their opponents green.
8. On the day of play - If a tie is unable to commence at either venue due to unforeseen
circumstances (weather, power failure etc.) the tie shall be rearranged on a date mutually
agreed by both clubs and in conjunction with the Area Coordinator.
9. Mason Trophy, Over 60 Double Rink, Vivienne Trophy and Under 25 Two Rink Triples games
will be 18 ends or maximum 3hr 30 minutes; whichever is the shorter, not including trial ends
or extra ends.
Denny Cup/Plate, Yetton Trophy/Plate and Egham Trophy games will be 21 ends or maximum
4 hours; whichever is the shorter, not including trial ends or extra ends.
An end where the jack has been cast before 3hrs 30 mins or 4hrs must be played to a finish.
All dead ends will be replayed. The Challenger shall nominate one designated rink number to
play an extra end before the draw is made for rinks. The extra end should be played by the
nominated rink after play has been completed on all rinks at all venues, unless the start time
at each venue is staggered, in this case, the venue with the later start time will nominate one
rink number before the draw is made. The extra end will then be completed once all rinks have
finished at that venue.
10. If within a period of 30 minutes from the time fixed for the game a single player is absent from
one or more teams in a side game of four players in each rink, in accordance with the Laws of
the Sport of Indoor Bowls, the game shall proceed but,
(i) in the defaulting team, the number of bowls shall be made up by the lead and second
players playing three bowls each.
(ii) one fourth of the total shots scored by each team comprising three players shall be
deducted from their score at the conclusion of the game. Fractions will be taken into
11. If both clubs have the same coloured stickers, the non-challengers shall remove or change