81. Subject to the provisions of the Act but without prejudice to any indemnity to which a
member of the Board may otherwise be entitled, every member of the Board or other
officer or auditor of the Association shall be indemnified out of the assets of the
Association against any liability incurred by him in defending any proceedings, whether
civil or criminal, in which judgment is given in his favour or in which he is acquitted or in
connection with any application in which relief is granted to him by the court from liability
for negligence, default, breach of duty or breach of trust in relation to the affairs of the
POLICIES, RULES, REGULATIONS OR BYE-LAWS
82. The Board may from time to time make such reasonable and proper policies, rules,
regulations or bye-laws as they may deem necessary or expedient for the proper conduct
and management of the Association.
83. The policies, rules, regulations or bye-laws may regulate the following matters but are not
restricted to them:
83.1. the admission of Members of the Association and the rights and privileges of such
Members, and the subscriptions and other fees or payments to be made by Members;
83.2. the conduct of Members in relation to one another, and to the Association;
83.3. the conduct of competitions and tournaments organised by or with the authority of the
83.4. the procedure at general meetings and meetings of the Board in so far as such procedure
is not regulated by the Act or by these Articles;
83.5. generally, all such matters as are commonly the subject matter of Association rules.
84. The Board must adopt such means as they think sufficient to bring the policies, rules,
regulations or bye-laws to the notice of Members of the Association.
85. The policies, rules, regulations or bye-laws, shall be binding on all Members. No policy,
rule, regulation or bye-law shall be inconsistent with, or shall affect or repeal anything
contained in, the memorandum or the articles.