49. Every Club which is a Member shall be entitled to one vote only in respect of each
vacancy. No member shall give more than one vote to any candidate. Any voting paper
containing more than the requisite number of votes or more than one vote for any one
candidate shall be rejected by the scrutineers. For the avoidance of doubt County
Associations shall not be entitled to a vote.
50. In the event of two or more candidates obtaining an equal number of votes it shall be
decided by lot at the said Annual General meeting which of those candidates shall be
eligible for election as a Director
51. The appointment of a Director must not cause the number of Directors to exceed any
number fixed as the maximum number of Directors.
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE BOARD
52. No more than one member of the Board may be members of the same Club.
53. If at the meeting at which a member of the Board retires the vacancy is not filled, the
retiring member of the Board shall, if willing to act, be deemed to have been reappointed
for a further period of three years;
54. The Board may appoint a person to fill a vacancy in the Board but
54.1. the person must be a member of a Club;
54.2. any member of the Board appointed under this Article shall hold office until the expiry of
the period of office of the member of the Board who created the vacancy.
DISQUALIFICATION AND REMOVAL OF MEMBERS OF THE BOARD
55. The office of a member of the Board shall be vacated if:
55.1. he ceases to be a director by virtue of any provision of the Act or he becomes prohibited
by law from being a director; or
55.2. he becomes bankrupt or makes any arrangement or composition with his creditors
55.3. he is, or may be, suffering from mental disorder and either:
55.3.1. he is admitted to hospital in pursuance of an application for admission for
treatment under the Mental Health Act 1983 or
55.3.2. an order is made by a court having jurisdiction (whether in the United Kingdom or
elsewhere) in matters concerning mental disorder for his detention or for the
appointment of a receiver, curator bonis or other person to exercise powers with
respect to his property or affairs; or
55.4. he resigns his office by notice to the Association; or
55.5. he shall for more than six consecutive months have been absent without permission of the
Board from meetings of the Board and any sub-committees of which he is a member held
during that period and the Board resolves that his office be vacated.
55.6. he or she shall cease to be a member of a Club.
POWERS OF THE BOARD
56. Subject to the provisions of the Act, the memorandum and the articles and to any
directions given by special resolution, the business of the Association shall be managed
by the Board who may exercise all the powers of the Association. No alteration of the
memorandum or articles and no such direction shall invalidate any prior act of the Board
which would have been valid if that alteration had not been made or that direction had not
been given. The powers given by this regulation shall not be limited by any special power
given to the Board by the articles and a meeting of the Board at which a quorum is present
may exercise all powers exercisable by the Board.
57. The Board may, by power of attorney or otherwise, appoint any person to be the agent of
the Association for such purposes and on such conditions as they determine, including
authority for the agent to delegate all or any of his powers.